darlingbooks

darlingbooks

Rogue

Rogue - Rachel Vincent It's been over a year since I read the first of Rachel Vincent's werecat series, but I remember the book as clear as day. The werecats series is probably one of the most inventive UF verses out there - packed with catty violence and some rather terrifying villains. But that's not why I remember it with such detail - mostly, I just remember hating the hell out of the main character Faythe.

Well, character-wise, Rogue is certainly a huge improvement. Faythe thinks out her actions a bit more than she used to. And although she still manages to grate on my nerves, her gradual transition from a five-year-old into a mature adult is realistic and in character. So, YAY! At this rate, I might actually like her by book five.

But on the other hand, Rogue was a let-down from Stray. One of the reasons I decided to stick with this series was because of the amazing action. Stray is packed with bloody, terrifying scenes described with more finesse than anything I've ever read. Rogue, however, was a series of conversations. Sure, important character-driven conversations - but still. Even though a lot was revealed, not all that much happened.

Bottom line? A solid sequel to Stray. If you are looking for kick-ass UF, Vincent's werecat series has it in spades. But don't expect to actually like anyone.